Here are the first 5 things you should do:
1) Hire a Wedding Planner (yes, you totally knew I was going there first). Your wedding is more than likely the largest (and most expensive) event you have ever hosted. Hire a professional who has planned many many events before in your area to help you. You WILL save money. You WILL save time. You WILL keep your sanity. And you WILL enjoy your wedding day. The End. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Do not do anything else until you have hired a wedding planner.
2) Research venues. Most people would think that picking a wedding date would be the next logical step but NOPE. First you need to have an idea of WHERE you would like to be married (and celebrate afterwards). Many popular venues can book up months and even years in advance so you’ll want to have a few options picked out and see when those venues are available before setting a date and telling the world.
3) Set your wedding date. Once you have found the perfect ceremony location and reception venue, and made sure that they are available, NOW you can officially set your wedding date! But don’t go telling all of Facebook about it. Because chances are, you aren’t inviting everyone on there.
4) Book your venues. Now that the date is set you can go ahead and sign those contracts for your ceremony and reception spaces. But first please read them! There are often many rules, restrictions, and hidden fees associated with venues so you’ll want to make sure you are familiar with all the fine print before you go signing on the dotted line.
5) Book your photographer. Often your photographer will be one of the larger investments for your wedding day and many of the most experienced and popular photographers fill their calendars early. Your wedding planner will be able to get you started with referrals to photographers that will be the best fit for your style, personalities, and budget.
And that’s it! Once you have accomplished these steps you are well on your way to a fantastic celebration!
Nashville Wedding Planner